Friday, December 2, 2011

Revisions and Decisions

Deciding which paper I should do my revision on isn’t quite as easy as it would seem. On the plus side, I received relatively high grades on all of my last three papers. On the down side, I received the exact same grade on all of my last three papers. That being said, I can’t choose the paper to revise based on how it’ll affect my grade. But I guess that’s actually a good thing; English as a course is primarily for developing a good writing style and actually learning something with the grade only as a secondary aspect. I forget that at times. But with the motive of boosting my grade the most off the table, it’s a pretty difficult decision to pick between my last three papers based on passion and content. My second paper regarding the term ‘gay’ was largely an experiment with an unfamiliar topic and unfamiliar structure that I think turned out pretty well. I’m usually not one of those people that have too much luck with try something new so it would be fun to revise and improve on a paper in which I did succeed at delving into the unknown. That being said however, my analysis paper on It’s Kind of a Funny Story revolved around a topic that I also didn’t know much about beforehand, but now fascinates me: adolescent depression. But I think most of all, I would like a second shot at writing on a topic that I’m truly passionate about. My argumentative paper on the WTO provided for some good arguing points but definitely has a lot of room for improvement. That being said, I will most likely revise paper 4, and keep in mind papers 2 and 3 when considering if I want to do an optional revision on a second paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment